The farm is located close to the North Eastern edge of Dartmoor. Our nearest village is Yeoford (2.4 miles) which is served by a railway station with regular trains from Exeter and Barnstaple. Yeoford also has an excellent pub (The Duck at Yeoford) serving food and real ales. In the other direction is the hamlet of Hittisleigh (2 miles) with its beautiful Norman Church. The farm is approximately 7 miles from Crediton and 15 miles from Exeter and is easily accessible from the A30 (approx 4 miles). Buses also operate from Exeter to Whiddon Down (4 miles).
Directions to Summerhill from A30 (Woodleigh Junction)
- From M5 get onto A30 in direction of Okehampton
- Exit A30 at Woodleigh Junction/ Cheriton Bishop
- Go into Cheriton Bishop - about half way along the main street take the right hand turn just before the shop.
- Carry on along that road (IGNORE left hand turn at cross roads to Hittisleigh and go straight across them).
- After about 2-3 miles you will come across a very small/ sudden left hand mini cross roads called 'Three Gate'. Turn LEFT towards Binneford.
- Follow that road all the way to Binneford Cross (about 1-2 miles). Just before Binneford cross you will come to a ford where the road forks - cross the ford and go RIGHT up the hill.
- At Binneford cross (which is signposted) turn LEFT, and carry on up that road for a few minutes. You will see our farm on the left with a blue sign marked 'Summerhill Farm'.
PLEASE IGNORE SAT NAV - it takes you to the wrong farm